Personal Assistants / Support Workers required in Allerton, Liverpool
Can you organise play, leisure and routine?
Are you interested in supporting a happy, physically disabled young man with learning difficulties to live an independent and fulfilling life at home and in the community? Can you organise play, leisure, and routine? If so, this could be the role for you!
You will support the young man with:
- Playing football, swimming, cinema, going to the park, travelling on the train, visiting the museum and inventing games
- Anything creative, especially baking, gluing and sticking
- Bathing and personal hygiene support
- Preparing basic meals
The right person:
- Voluntary or professional experience with supporting people with disabilities is acceptable
- An interest in supporting young people with learning difficulties
- A desire to help young people communicate with a communications aid
- IT savvy to support with any potential problems with communication aid or updates
- Someone with a smile and plenty of banter!
- Highly responsible and dependable individual
- Able to work on your own initiative and with limited supervision
- Physically fit enough to participate in the activities
- Happy to learn!
- This is a long-term role so dedication a must
It is preferable that you can drive with a full, clean, valid driving licence
We are interested in hearing from you if you can provide a minimum of 12 hours of support per week.
Up to 17.5 hours per week are available during term time and up to 26 hours per week during school holidays. Core times will be as follows:
Weekdays 15.30 to 18.30
Saturday 10.30 to 16.30
You should always be willing to work as a team and pick up additional hours if required and be flexible to cover holidays and times of sickness.
The rates of pay and benefits:
Up to £9.50 per hour You will receive paid holidays and full training in the relevant areas to carry out your role.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. This post is subject to a DBS check (the cost of which will be met by your employer) and 2 satisfactory references.