Your Personal Data – What is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Salvere is a not for profit Community Interest Company focused on helping people organise care and support. We advise and assist individuals and families to use Personal Budgets from Local Authorities and Personal Health Budgets from NHS as direct payments. In addition to Advice Services, we provide Supported Banking and Payroll Services. Our services are also available to private individuals and other organisations.
How do we process your personal data?
Salvere complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide advice supported banking and payroll services
- To administer customer accounts and records
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- To promote the interests of the Community Interest Company
- To manage our employees
- To inform you of news, events, activities and requests
Link for more detailed information on how we process Your Personal Data
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Processing is necessary for a contract you have with Salvere, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
Explicit consent of you, the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and requests to keep you informed about your supported banking and payroll services.
Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations under, employment, social security or social protection law.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared within Salvere or with statutory authorities, insurers, your care or payroll suppliers and government regulatory bodies in order to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations to you and the authority providing funds to you. We will not share your data with any other third parties.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with contractual and legal obligations for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate. Specifically, we are obliged to keep payroll and banking information where this applies to you for up to 6 years.
Where we are not contractually or legally obliged to retain your data, we will securely delete your records upon the termination of our services with you.
Your Rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Salvere holds about you;
- The right to request that Salvere corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Salvere to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time (although this may result in Salvere becoming unable to provide a service to you)
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 303 3064 or write to The Data Controller, Salvere Mailroom, PO BOX 480, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 9JY.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.