Part Time “Social Buddy” – Personal Assistant needed in Strensall, York
Enthusiastic & fun?
This is you
Are you someone who would like to a job where your focus is wellbeing? Where you can use you own day to day experiences and training to help someone to keep safe and make good progress in the development of independent life skills, experiencing new things, enjoying chosen social experiences, furthering education, developing new friendships and maintain other relationship?…Yes! This is for you then!
You will be responsible for supporting a 10 year old Autistic boy with learning disabilities, who lives in York. You will provide one to one support to enable him to pursue his own interests and hobbies.
The right person
This post would best suit someone who is enthusiastic and fun!
- General awareness of Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
- Genuine interest in working with children with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
- Must be self-motivated and well organised.
- To communicate effectively with children and families.
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
- Excellent team player.
- Independent worker, able to use initiative and self-manage time and task.
Approximately 4 hours, flexible working, preferably weekend support, working alternate weekends.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. This post is subject to DBS checks the cost of which will be met by your employer.