Part Time Personal Assistant in York
A wellbeing focus?
Is this You?
Are you someone who would like to a job where your focus is wellbeing? Where you can use you own day to day experiences and training to help someone to keep safe and make good progress in the development of independent life skills, experiencing new things, enjoying chosen social experiences, furthering education, developing new friendships and maintain other relationship?…Yes! This is for you then!
You will be responsible for supporting a bright, energetic, independently minded 12 year old boy who loves computers, cooking, and physical activities like trampolining, who is recovering from autistic burnout and school based trauma. Sometimes he may just want to stay indoors.
The right person
- Have knowledge of Autism and some care or support experience.
- A driver with business insurance.
- Must be self-motivated and well organised.
- Able to communicate effectively with children and families.
- A genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
- Excellent team player.
- Independent worker, able to use initiative and self-manage time and task.
- Basic understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
The Hours & Pay
10 hours a week, flexible evenings and weekends
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. This post is subject to DBS checks the cost of which will be met by your employer.