Young person seeking a Female Personal Assistant to cover 4-6 hours a week mainly on Mondays
You will be responsible for the care of a young person with disabilities. You will be responsible for meeting her after school either at home or at school, supporting her, taking her out to her sports club or other activity and additional duties such as personal care. Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Meeting at home in York at 4.00pm Monday and being with her including bedtime routine till 8.30pm
- Occasionally you might be needed to collect her from school at 3.15pm or meet her at home at 3.30pm
- Being able to drive her out to any after school clubs or activities, stay with her and supervise, enable her safe participation and bring her home again
- Accompanying on occasional half day or full day trips, e.g. into town, to the beach, or even on residential youth club trips.
- Taking part in family routines and adhering to what she wishes to do, you will need to be creative and have the ability to propose sensible ideas for increasing socialization and fun.
NB This list is not exhaustive.
- You will have lots of fun and energy and ideas to widen a young person’s horizons, in an age appropriate manner.
- You will have your own car with Business Insurance, or be able to obtain this.
- You will like dogs, crafts and painting, dancing, discos, imaginative play and pretending to be characters from favourite films and TV like Frozen and Dr Who.
- You will be happy to take this young person swimming and can go in the water with her and you will be able to help with personal care and bedtime routine.
- You will support family decisions, ethos, rules and values.
- Can work Mondays all year round including most Bank Holidays that fall on Mondays.
- Can work other times and hours by joint agreement,e.g. to attend 6-monthly meetings with Child In Need worker and mum, and annual school meeting.
- You will be flexible to stay until 11pm on approx 2 Mondays p/m.
Pay & Benefits
- BASIC PAY £8.91 per hour
- Mileage .45p/mile in own car with own business insurance arranged.
- Holiday paid as a percentage of hours worked.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. This post is subject to DBS checks the cost of which will be met by your employer.
Please consider the Job Description and complete the online Application Form quoting reference: YK21/FP4